
Most of my time running, I am thinking of fantastic things to post on my blog. I did learn some more things this time around:
- Running at night is better, not only for the cool air, but less chance that other people will see you.
- Running on an empty stomach is better than running on a very full stomach.
- Walking at some points is faster than running.
- Spanish Fork wind does not help with the heat, even though it was 8:30 a.m.
- My legs feel like rocks as I run, but jello when I stop.
Negatives: I had to walk a little bit more at the end. My legs were a little sore from the last time and felt heavy and hard. I am also more tired this time. I didn't get much sleep though last night, so maybe that's the reason for the tiredness. After today, I'm not sure if I want to do it again. I don't feel so good now. I better go lie down.
1 comment:
You should follow the "From the couch to a 5K" training program. I somewhat followed those guidelines when I trained for my first 5K. Try to increase your running slowly. Example: walk for 3 minutes, run for 1 minute and repeat up to 8 times. As the days pass try to reverse it, run for 3 walk for 1, after a few days of that try running for 5, walking for one and so for until you can do a solid 30 mins without stoping. After that start working on your speed. The average is to run 3 miles in 30-35 mins. Try to take it down a couple mins a the time. Don't over do it, specially right now that you just got started or you will not want to do it again. In short, take it slow. I'm excited to see your progress!
Post a Comment