Sunday, August 1, 2010

FBI Approved

It CAME! Finally! So, going to college should be a smooth ride and you should be able to move into your next class without any problems, right? Well, I have been out of class for almost a week now. I could not continue until a magic card came in the mail. You see, before I began the Bachelor program, I was told I had 12 credits before I needed to have my Praxis I exam taken and passes and also to have my fingerprints taken and mailed in to the Arizona Department of Public Safety. At that time I figured 4 1/2 months is a LONG time and I will get it done. Well, I didn't. My last class was approaching and I had 5 weeks! My advisors told me it would take longer than that and I needed to do it ASAP in order to continue in the program. Yes, I was dumb for waiting so long...but I had to hurry. That Monday, I ran to the police station and got my fingerprints taken and mailed them out. I also scheduled to take my test. It was a 4 1/2 hour test and I had 2 days to prepare! I was a nervous wreck. I took my test and passed 2 out of 3 sections....I needed to wait 10 - 15 business days for the other score. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for response from Arizona to see if my fingerprint card was on its way. Well on business day 11, I got word that I passed my test, with "great" scores might I add. At this point I had only 2 weeks left. Still no card and my final class was ending. My advisors gave me a two week break in hopes the card would get here. Well, guess what? At the end of week 1 it got here and now I am ready to begin school again! I have missed it, I must admit.....but at the same time, I am excited to get on with my education so I can teach! The magic card arrived and I can go back to school!

No comments: