
Why am I running, you ask? Well, everyone's doing it, I would reply. Actually there are a couple reasons why I wanted to start running:
- Everyone is doing it and I want to see what all the fuss is about.
- My daughter can run farther and faster than I ever dreamed I could....actually all of my kids can and Hailey is only 5!
- I need to lose the muffin top.
- I don't get very much exercise because of how busy I am and I really need to do SOMETHING as I am now middle aged.
- I heard it releases endorphins and makes one feel good when they do it.
On my run this evening.....which lasted through 2 1/2 songs and was probably about a mile, I discovered a few things:
- They all lied! It is NOT fun and it does NOT make you feel good! It hurts everything!
- I know now why runners don't wear very much, running with your clothes on is annoyoing.
- I need better headphones if I am going to continue this, and I need to find my arm band for the ipod.
- I wish I had a way to track my steps or mileage or something to keep me going.
- I'm not sure if it is better to run with someone or not. I wouldn't have been able to speak to anyone let alone carry on a conversation. Plus I would have been pretty embarrassed with how out of breath I was just running the little amount I did.
I don't know if I will keep this up or not, but I did it if nothing else but to prove to myself that I can run if I really have to. I am not excited about my feat and I am not addicted (contrary to what others might say about their running skills).
Now, I'm hot and I'm tired....so I think I will go eat some ice cream! =)
4 comments:
Good for you! My opinion though, is that it gets easier for me, but never more enjoyable. It stinks. It's one of those neccessary things like going to the dentist or getting the oil changed on the car. (What an attitude!)
I hate running, but I do it, in my basement where no one can see me and I can wear less clothing. It does get easier, but I still don't like it. I am also always grouchier after, so much for the endorphins!
Seriously...I decided that I was going to be a runner once...that lasted about a week! I HATED it! Everyone says that you learn to love it. So keep at it and let me know how it goes!(:
I am so proud of you for giving it a try! If you want someone to run with, let me know! And as far as getting easier and becoming addicted- that only happens to the craziest of people. ;)
Post a Comment