Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4th of July Celebrations

I absolutely love the freedom holidays in this state! I feel such a passion for the freedom we have been given and I do not take that for granted. I am greatful for all those who serve to make and keep my family and I free. I also love to celebrate. This year the 4th of July fell on a Sunday so we all had 4 days to celebrate. We had great family and fun time.

1st: My girls participated in the Freedom Days 3v3 soccer tournament. They had fun and we loved watching.





2nd: We were able to attend the Stadium of Fire where Carrie Underwood was headlining. Best concert I have ever been to! We took Christine and Vanessa and we all loved every minute of it. Even when the fireworks misfired into the crowd. We were glad we were in the stands this year. Lou Diamond Phillips was the host this year and the Boy Scouts were celebrating 100 years of scouting with the larges Eagle Court of Honor in history presented this night. A former ward member was getting his Eagle and it was neat to watch. This was a great evening full of pride and family fun.











3rd: We had family time. We celebrated with Jorge's family by going ATVing. We celebrated with my family by having a bar-b-que and fireworks fun. Jorge is the firework mastermind, creating a display worthy of watching.


















4th: We got up one morning to see the hot air balloons and eat a Kiwanis breakfast in the park.





It was one fantastic weekend and we look forward to next year!

3 comments:

MIchelle said...

Cute pics! I love that one with you and your daughter! She looks the most like you, but still looks more like your husband.

soccer mom said...

ahhh fun times! you guys know how to PARTY!

ker said...

Super jealous that you got to go see Carrie Underwood! But you deserve it- look at ALL the stuff you do for your kids and hubby. Not to mention what your hubby does for you and your kids! What an amazing family!!