Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brandon tunrs 1!

Not much to say about Brandon's birthday expect to say that my baby is now 1!!! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. I am excited but super sad at the same time. I don't want my baby to grow up. I want him to be little FOREVER! While I am excited at his growth and his amazing personality, I really want him to stay a baby. He is so sweet and so loving. Here is a list of some of Brandon's cuties:
  • He likes to give his "pig face" when he smiles or thinks something is funny.
  • He will lay on my leg and pat me as if to say, "I love you too, Mommy."
  • He can scream louder than anyone I know.
  • He likes attention and does not like to be left alone.
  • He follows me around the house like a puppy dog.
  • He loves the vacuum when most children are afraid of it, he comes right up to it to see what it is.
  • He wants his own cell phone and knows how to call people.
  • He loves to play the "I'm gonna get you" game.
  • He loves to push buttons.
  • He can crawl like a cheetah, super fast and smooth.
  • He still has to sleep with his blankie with the ribbon around the edges. Luckily he has 3 of them.
  • He needs his sleep at night. At least 11 hours or he is one cranky baby.
  • He has 6 teeth with 1 more just popping in.
  • He would much rather eat big people food than baby food. If you are eating something, he wants what you have, not what he is eating.
  • He can't speak any words yet, but he "speaks" all the time, sometimes carrying on total conversations in his very own language.
  • He weighs 22 lbs and is 34 1/4 inches long.
  • He does not like to be tied down. If you are changing his diaper or playing with him where he is on his back, he lets you know that he hates it by screaming.
  • He still drinks a bottle for morning and night time....it might be a while until he will let go of it, even though he can drink from a sippy cup just fine.
  • While he is sweet, he is also a troublemaker. He will be my gray hair child.
  • He is my sweet angel and he loves me very much. I can see in his eyes that he will always be a loving child.
  • He loves his daddy and can't wait for daddy to pick him up when daddy gets home from work.
  • He LOVES to play with his brother and sisters, as long as they actually PLAY with him.
  • I don't know what life would be like without sweet Brandon Scott in our home.
We had a great birthday party for Brandon. It was very last minute, but I wanted to celebrate Brandon in our lives. We tried to invite the whole neighborhood children to come play at our house. We had a bouncer, pinata, hot dogs, chips, and cake. We had a blast and thank everyone for the gifts and fun! Here are some pictures from his BIG day:

















2 comments:

Sasha said...

thanks for sharing so much of that cake with me! no wonder i can't fit into any of my pants!

PS My kids had a blast. Thanks for inviting them!

Amy said...

My kids are still talking about baby Brandon's birthday!! Thanks for keeping them entertained for a afternoon!