Christine: Ready for a win! She trained by running 5 miles in 42 minutes. She was ready for the one-miler. It would be a piece of cake! Too bad she had to miss the race due to the soccer tournament.....she placed 2nd in the soccer tourney, so it was okay.
Vanessa: Trained by running 1 1/2 miles twice a week. Last year, placing third, she would take first no matter what. Too bad Hailey held her up and cost her the race. She ended up placing third though, and I am so proud of her for not wanting to leave her sister behind. Who knows what would have happened if she had run her fastest from the beginning....her best friend was just in front of her and took 2nd.
Jorgy: Speed demon. Trained with Vanessa. Taking first last year he was ready and wanted another 1st place medal to add to his collection. Too bad there were some other speed demons this year and he ended up placing 3rd. (Even though his runner card said he was second...)
Hailey: This was her first year running. I could not have been more proud! I was beaming from ear to ear. While we were waiting, it felt like forever and I was worried she was crying somewhere along the path. She rounded the corner crying her eyes out, but finished the race and I was extatic! She is such a trooper, having only run one mile once a few weeks before the race, she finished and I was happy as could be. She was pretty proud of herself as well and wants to run more races now. She took 6th in her age division and Jorge got her "starburst" candy because she was a star!
No comments:
Post a Comment