Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Children's Parade

For Primary we plan 4 activities a year for the children in the ward. I am all for quick and easy. So, I suggested we enter the Fiesta Days Children Parade. The other ladies didn't like the idea for fear they would lose children and possible other unknown concerns. I think the parade is a GREAT idea. Most children enjoy the attention, most parents come to walk with their kids anyway, and we don't have to plan much. Well, they went along with my idea anyway and it turned out great! I love this ward and I love doing what I do!

The theme was "Surround Yourself With Those You Love." We had the kids wear red, white, or pink and we decorated Bishop's trailer with balloons and streamers. Karen made bishop a cute hat and made him wear heart sunglasses. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad we have a lot of support from ward members. THANKS!







1 comment:

Amy said...

I think it was a great idea! My kids were so excited to tell everyone that they were in a parade!