Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter was fun this year. Festivities were a little off from traditions because of the way things were going. I always buy the kids new outfits for church, but this year, Easter fell on Conference weekend and they are getting new outfits for Erika's wedding next month anyway. So, we didn't take a family pic, but it will soon be coming from the wedding. We also decided to take a trip to Bear Lake for the week and that cut festivities down quite a bit. We normally go to Grandma A.'s house to do an egg hunt, have dinner, and eat bunny cake, but because we were going to travel, we didn't do much. We did go to Grandma's house to have breakfast and we took pictures with the bunny cake, as it was the boys' first Easter. I didn't get a picture of all the other kids with their baskets because of the rush, but I did do an Easter egg scavenger hunt when we got to Bear Lake and they enjoyed it. They said "It was was funner than doing a regular egg hunt!" I feel like it was a success!

Brandon with his basket on his 1st Easter




Grandma Aguero with the baby boys.


All the cousins with the famous Aguero's Bunny Cake. This year it was blue for the new baby boys.

Brandon desperately wanted some.


And he got it!

While Easter was fun with the family. We cannot forget why we celebrate Easter in the first place. We are so blessed that our Savior was willing to die for us and willing to suffer for our sins. We need to always remember the love He has for us. As I was sitting at a baptism of a man who belongs to one of the most loving families I know, I heard this message: "As we sit here tonight, it was [so many years ago] that the Savior himself was nailed to the cross, and he looked up and said, 'It is done.'" Those word will stay with me forever. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." I hope we can all remember what has been given to us, especially during this Easter season.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

He's adorable. Isn't it fun!