Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bear Lake Spring Break

We went to Bear Lake for Spring Break this year. We got an entire week off from school, plus two weekends, so we HAD to take advantage and go somewhere. It also happened to fall on Jorge's birthday, so we had double the incentive. We went with the purpose of getting rested and a lot of relaxing involved. We did just that. There were stormy nights and lovely days, so we swam and ate, and played games and watched movies. The perfect week for perfect relaxation (well as much as you can relax with 5 kids).
















Brandon is crawling all over and eating crackers. He is getting so big that it makes me sick.

I had the stomach flu for two out of the four days, so I was out.

We eat VERY well when we travel. Here are pics of my famous turkey dinner and Jorge's seafood feast. I didn't get a pic of Jorge's delicious rib eyes because I was sooo sick that day.

Jorge turned 32! There is not frosting on the cupcakes because I discovered that one of my naughty children decided to open the new frosting and leave it in the pantry where I wouldn't notice it. So, because it was not refrigerated, I had to throw it out. And there is no fire on the candle, because I forgot the matches and I couldn't figure out how to light it. I tried to light it on the stove, that didn't work. I tried to light it on the gas grill, but that just resulted in a fireball and some sadly singed hairs on my arm. Needless to say, I hope Jorge had a good birthday anyway, even though I was disappointed with how it turned out. Sorry honey!

2 comments:

HillsRus said...

You have such a cute family!

Sarai said...

Wow! I just read all your new posts. You guys know how to have fun! You have a great family!