Text from Jorge to Suzanne: "I'm on my way to the hospital, I'll call when I get there."
Suzanne reading messages starts to flip out. She calls frantically and does not get an answer. She is thinking car accident.
Text from Suzanne to Jorge: "What is going on?"
Text from Suzanne to Jorge: "Answer me please!"
Finally text from Jorge to Suzanne: "Hurting."
Suzanne is thinking, "That's it!"
Text from Suzanne to Jorge: "What is going on?"
Text from Jorge to Suzanne: "I popped my calf."
As a wife how would you feel getting these messages? I almost killed him for sending me a message like that! Jorge was attending a licensing course for his soccer coaching and they were doing some drills. At one point, he was running and felt a pop in his left calf. He couldn't walk and was in a lot of pain. We would have gone to instacare that night, but by the time he got home (because he wouldn't leave his class for fear he would have to take it all over again) they were closed. We went the next morning and was told he pulled that calf muscle (I can't remember the word, something with gas in it) that is attached to his Achilles tendon. The doctor said that the good news was he didn't damage his tendon and didn't need surgery and that this type of injury heals relatively quickly. The bad news was that it hurts like the "dickens". Jorge came home with a boot brace and on crutches. He is doing much better this morning and he even tried to leave the house without crutches. I told him he better let it heal properly or he was gonna get it. The doc said he will be better in about a week and off crutches after the weekend! I am just glad it was not more serious!
No comments:
Post a Comment