Life has been so crazy for us lately! We are hardly home and I hardly get to the housework or laundry, let alone cooking. Sometimes it frustrates me to no end and I get upset with myself for being tired or having a dirty house when people drop by. But a dear friend gave this quote to me in a frame, on one of those weeks where I didn't think I could take it anymore, and it made me feel alot better. So thank you Karen, and now I will share it with you all:
Some houses try to hide the fact that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly, the signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the window, little smudges on the door.
I should apologize I guess, for toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children and we laughed, and played, and read.
And if the doorbell doesn't shine, their eyes will instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other,
I want to be a housewife, but first I'll be a Mother.
Some houses try to hide the fact that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly, the signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the window, little smudges on the door.
I should apologize I guess, for toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children and we laughed, and played, and read.
And if the doorbell doesn't shine, their eyes will instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other,
I want to be a housewife, but first I'll be a Mother.
So, for those of you who may struggle from time to time, remember that our first and foremost job in the world is to be a Mother. Everything else comes in at a far second. I love you all and admire you for all that you do. Keep up the good work!!
This is what being a mother is all about!
2 comments:
I loved that! Thanks for the reminder. I am so happy that we are in contact again. I hope that we will be freinds forever too. Love ya lady!
Suzanne, I SOOO needed that today. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment