Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reflecting on Life....


As I sit here in the capital city of our great nation, I have been reflecting on life. I will blog more about our vacation later, but I wanted to write a few things that have been on my mind.

Number 1 - My family. A friend of mine has recently made me think about the quality time I spend with my family. Most of you know that I work very hard at the things I do and I am pretty busy. Working part time and going to school full time, leaves very little extra for my family and the duties that come along with raising five children. I do believe my children suffer, but I try to do my best with them. I try to give them the attention they deserve. It is not enough, but I try to remind myself that what I am doing is for all of them and for their future. I LOVE my children dearly and they mean the world to me, and that's why I do the things I do. I hope they understand and that they will forgive me for the lack of attention I have been giving them.

Number 2 - My faith. Last night we were able to see the Washington D.C. Temple. This is the most beautiful building I have ever seen! All of the temples I have ever seen (in Utah) are all on a hill and you are able to see them for miles! Our GPS kept saying we were close and I still couldn't see the building. Only 1 mile to go, and still nothing. I was getting disappointed. Then all of a sudden, I caught a glimpse of the Angel Moroni and a bright whiteness (we went at night), then it was gone again. Suddenly we came around the corner, and there was the most magnificent temple I have ever seen! This was the temple where my parents began their lives together and where Jorge's parents, and his family were sealed together. To know that 32 years ago, my parents were there in that same spot, beginning a life together that would raise me in values and in happiness and togetherness, brought peace to my heart. I thank them for the faith they taught me and for the life they gave me! Looking at that building, I KNOW without a doubt that it is the house of the Lord and that there you can find peace and love beyond anything you will ever know. I am grateful for those feelings I can gain from being here in this great city.

Number 3 - My country. Being able to have a glimpse of what another life is like here in Washington D.C., I have a great desire to strive to be the best American I can be. I am PROUD to be an American and grateful for the freedoms I receive because I live here. Looking at the Capital building and the White House, one can feel the power radiating off the buildings and I KNOW that my forefathers risked everything for us to live here in this free land. I am grateful for their efforts to allow us to live free, happy, and safe.

Life is not always easy. Life is not always great. But life is life and I am grateful to have one. I am grateful that I am able to provide for my family and give them life's greatness. We are all truly BLESSED!

More to come on:
Jorgy's baptism
My birthday
Hailey's B-day
Christmas
Brandon
St. George Soccer
Trip to Washington D.C.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Suzanne, you are a supermom. Let the guilt go. I have health issues and there are lots of times when the kids have to fend for themselves. As long as there is lots of love, it just makes them stronger. My Grandpa told me about a family with 10 kids and they would be playing outside in the snow with no shoes. He said all of them grew up to be leaders in the church and really strong.

You are NOT getting old and ugly. I think we get more beautiful with age just because we gain wisdom. Feel good about yourself because you are WONDERFUL. Your kids are lucky to have you. And I think I'm lucky to have you as a friend :)