First: Yes! We finished the basement!! We are finally inspected and using it now! There are still a few little things to go, like hanging one set of closet doors and touch up painting, but we couldn't be happier with the results and the kids are enjoying it very much. Thank you to a wonderful husband who basically sacrificed ALL his free time for the last year and a half to get it done! You are AMAZING Jorge, and we couldn't have done it without you!
(These pics are not great because we were still organizing when I took them.)
Christine also had her 12th birthday party (which we had been promising as soon as the basement was finished!)
Jorgy turned 8!
Brandon turned 3 months old!
Jorge and I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. I don't have a picture of this, but it was a great day. We should be good for the next 5 years, right?
And Jorge's beautiful sister went in for gall bladder removal surgery and had major complications and is fighting for her life as I write this. Our prayers have been answered and she is such a fighter. We love her and want her back so badly. This is why I know God exists and that everything happens for a reason.
We are here in this spot in our lives because we need to be here. The choices we have made and the things we have done are all for the purpose of fulfilling our purposes here on this earth. I love my family dearly and I am so grateful to have all of them in my life. Continue to send prayers for our sister. She can use all of them! And thank you to everyone who loves us soo much!
The Lord has promised us, "And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; and shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint."
I have faith in the Lord that he blesses me and my family. And I thank him every day for those blessing he bestows on us.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry Suzanne. My prayers are with you and your family. Let me know if you need anything!
How scary! I hope she will recover quickly. What happened exactly? I am going in on Wednesday because my Gallbladder has been bothering me...that makes me nervous.
Basement looks great! Your living room is the same color as our kitchen and your little girls room is the same as our little girls's room, funny! I hope your sister in law gets better soon! She'll be in my prayers.
Your basement looks fantastic! I think our girls have the same bed- daybed. I love the COLORS down there! Jorge did a fabulous job! I hope and pray for the best for your sis-in-law!
Post a Comment